4forty.co.uk New Live Web-Site

Tuesday 18 November 2008

Electric Motocross/Enduro Bikes

I honestly thought I was being lied too when someone mentioned that KTM are releasing an Electric Zero Emissions Enduro/Motocross bike but low and behold it's true.

As soon as I heard this i decided to do a little investigating and this is what I found.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2008/10/ktm-presents-electric-enduro.html



I have yet to see any video's of this KTM in motion but I also found an interesting company in California that already have something similar (albeit extremely ugly) on the market.

Zero X

www.zeromotorcycles.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seeing the KTM electric enduro. Zero and Quantya have a jump on them. People are already riding them and working out the bugs. Most of the issues so far have been rear shocks blowing up on motorcross tracks. I think they were trying to save weight but under built them.

Electric motors have a lot of torque from the minute you crack the throttle.

There are a group of us that discuss these bikes on http://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com if anyone wants to join us. Would be glad to have you on board. (feel free to wack this last paragraph if I'm overstepping my bounds.

Be sure to check out quantya.us too. Their bike looks the part.

Thomas Shit said...

Thanks for the comment mate.

I'll check out the link you sent when I'm not at work! lol

Cheers,

Tom